About The Group

I am a member of group 2 and my candidate number is 8720. The other members of my group are Phoebe Hung (8017) and Gabriel Meytanis (8560). To see my portfolio evidence please click on the three labels on the right named: A2 Research and Planning, A2 Construction and A2 Evaluation.

This is my music video

This is my music video:

My Music Video

Digi out

This is the outside panel of my digi-pak album cover:

digi out pic

digi out pic

digi in

This is the inside panel of my digi-pak album:

digi in pic

digi in pic
This is a link to my artist website, please click on the image below to go to GiGi Official website:


Friday 2 September 2016

R&P Post 9: Music Videos that have inspired and influenced my ideas

A key music video that has influenced my ideas is Stupid Girls by P!nk. It has a very clear feminist message and has the artist being a performer in the different narrative threads. It has influenced me as I want our artist to also be acting in the narrative of our music video. Also, I want our music video to portray a feminist message.



Case Study

Stupid Girls has illustrated to me how Carol Vernallis' Music Video Theory (in The Kindest Cut- Functions and meanings of Music Video Editing 2001) can be easily incorporated into our music video. For example her four main concepts are:

  1. Narrative
  2. Editing
  3. Camera movement and framing
  4. Diegesis
Elements of her ideas of narrative that are seen in Stupid Girls and that we could use: the video being a visual response to the music, there not necessarily being a balance between performance and narrative, a disjointed structure and a narrative/theme running through the video but in a montage style.

In regards to editing from Stupid Girls we could incorporate Vernallis' ideas of cutting to the beat, discontinuous editing, cutting with the lyrics and use of transition effects. If we use these ideas then this should help to create a visually engaging music video.

Vernallis' descriptions of conventional music video camera movement and framing seen in Stupid Girls, that I would want to use are extreme shot types, distinctive framing throughout the video and the camera moving with the lyrics or the music.

Diegesis (the made up world of the video) is a key element of Stupid Girls and one which I would want to have a lot of emphasis on in our music video. For example, the diegesis being revealed slowly, characters moving to the music, many repetitions and some shots being more important than others.


Another music video that has inspired me is Meghan Trainor's 'Dear Future Husband' which uses the artist being a performer and different set ups with bright colours which I would want to include in our music video to clearly show our different narrative threads.

Dear Future Husband - bright colours and narrative threads

No comments:

Post a Comment