About The Group

I am a member of group 2 and my candidate number is 8720. The other members of my group are Phoebe Hung (8017) and Gabriel Meytanis (8560). To see my portfolio evidence please click on the three labels on the right named: A2 Research and Planning, A2 Construction and A2 Evaluation.

This is my music video

This is my music video:

My Music Video

Digi out

This is the outside panel of my digi-pak album cover:

digi out pic

digi out pic

digi in

This is the inside panel of my digi-pak album:

digi in pic

digi in pic
This is a link to my artist website, please click on the image below to go to GiGi Official website:


Friday 2 September 2016

Construction Post 2: Week 2 production

In week two of production our main aims were to take our promo shots which we shot on Thursday and begin to edit our music video as well as begin work on our website.

Music Video Editing:

In editing this week our priorities were:
  • Renaming shots
  • Catergorising shots
  • Colour coding shots
  • Finding the best takes
  • Beginning to put the music video together
Catergorised shots
Below is a picture of how we colour coded the shots. This was a great benefit to us as it allowed us to clearly see on the timeline our different set-ups. It showed us clearly the structure of our music video and then in the latter part of the song our rapid inter-cutting between the different set-ups.

Part of our colour-coded timeline
This picture below shows how to colour code the shots and the one below shows what the colour coded shots look like in the different folders;

How to colour code shots
Colour coded shots in the folders
Website:

At the start of the week I created a brief plan of the website using Wix so we could begin to understand the practicalities of using Wix:

Early plan 

One of the first things I did on the website was to create the footer. The footer is very important as it contains lots of website conventions that are important to do correctly. I ensured that our footer included:
  • The record label name, logo and contact details
  • Social media links
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Privacy policy
A conventional footer which I used

Our footer
I used the footer on the left as a reference point when I was creating our website's to ensure we incorporated all the conventions. From asking my target audience's opinion one commented that they would want the page titles included there as well for easy maneuvering around the website.



I also worked on the bio page by creating and 'answering' the questions (as GiGi). A vital reference point for this was Little Mix's bio page on their website, examples of which can be seen on the left. I liked the type of questions used as it allows a fan to learn the basics about the artist.

From talking to another member of our target audience I am going to incorporate their feedback of adding some sort of animation to the questions to make it more visually interesting and to ensure there are not too many blocks of writing on the website.



Promo Shots


GiGi Hadid
Our Stimulus Sheet
When taking our promo shots we used existing poses for inspiration such as the one to the left through the idea of raised eyebrows and a slightly opened mouth. We also used our stimulus sheet that we created in pre-production:


Examples of some of our different set-ups from our promo shots can be seen below:



Promo shots

We were pleased with most of the shots and even the ones that we are not going to use for the album can be used for our website and social media platforms.

We decided that we wanted to re-shoot the front panel image of GiGi as we didn't feel like having glitter on my face worked. Similarly a member of our target audience said that they felt that just having glitter in my hair would look better. Our teachers also suggested that we experimented more with the lighting in the promo shots to give us more shots to chose from.
The shot type we are going to re-take
Overall, production week two has been very successful as we achieved lots following a tiring week of filming.

No comments:

Post a Comment