About The Group

I am a member of group 2 and my candidate number is 8720. The other members of my group are Phoebe Hung (8017) and Gabriel Meytanis (8560). To see my portfolio evidence please click on the three labels on the right named: A2 Research and Planning, A2 Construction and A2 Evaluation.

This is my music video

This is my music video:

My Music Video

Digi out

This is the outside panel of my digi-pak album cover:

digi out pic

digi out pic

digi in

This is the inside panel of my digi-pak album:

digi in pic

digi in pic
This is a link to my artist website, please click on the image below to go to GiGi Official website:


Friday 2 September 2016

R&P Post 4: Audience groups of interest

Official Album Chart
Official Singles Chart
A key way to find potential audience groups of interest would be to look at the music industry specifically the charts to look for trends or gaps in the market which we could fill with our artist. To achieve this I have looked at the official singles and album charts. What I noticed in the singles chart was that there were a considerable number of collaborations 8/10 and only 2/8 had females as the main artist. Similarly in the album charts 3/10 are female artists. Therefore I can deduce that there is a gap in the market for a new female artist who may then go on to do collaborations.

Through this research an audience group of interest would be primarily teenage girls with possible branching out to younger girls and older women.

Genre sales breakdown

The graph above from a 'Statista' article illustrates the genre breakdown in albums sold in the UK. Pop sold the most which is most likely due to Pop being in the mainstream however the success of rock could be down to more niche audience groups providing mass support which we could try to tap into with our artist and music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment