About The Group

I am a member of group 2 and my candidate number is 8720. The other members of my group are Phoebe Hung (8017) and Gabriel Meytanis (8560). To see my portfolio evidence please click on the three labels on the right named: A2 Research and Planning, A2 Construction and A2 Evaluation.

This is my music video

This is my music video:

My Music Video

Digi out

This is the outside panel of my digi-pak album cover:

digi out pic

digi out pic

digi in

This is the inside panel of my digi-pak album:

digi in pic

digi in pic
This is a link to my artist website, please click on the image below to go to GiGi Official website:


Friday 2 September 2016

R&P Post 11: Artist websites that have inspired and influenced my ideas

Artist websites are important as they act as a synergised hub where all elements of the marketing campaign can be found. They are also beneficial for audiences as they can be viewed easily on the go through technologically converged smartphone.

Out of the websites we researched I found two of them very useful because they were contrasting: Daya's and the Arctic Monkeys'.

Below is Daya's website which Gabriel researched:

Daya's Official Website

Ideas from this website that I would like to use in our artist's website would be the layered and easy to navigate structure as well as the conventional biography section. The use of 'feminine' colours would be aesthetically pleasing and would appeal to her target audience of mainly women and illustrates her pop genre.

A contrasting artist website which has also inspired and influenced my ideas is the Arctic Monkeys (seen below):

Elements of Arctic Monkeys' Official Website
Key differences are the black and white colour theme/artist branding (showing the genre of rock/alternative) and how when you click on the forum or store links you end up opening a different tab rather than having everything contained within one website. However, I like the use of a forum which allows for interactivity and involvement with the artist from an audience member. Similarly I like the use of a chronological list of singles released which allows someone to clearly see what was released when and how the artist has developed which is something I would want to incorporate into my artist's website. The Herd of Sheffield video is an example of a mutually beneficial symbiotic relationship between the Arctic Monkeys and Sheffield Children's Hospital which shows an example of the band's charity work and would provide funds for the hospital. I would like to include something like this in our website to make our star more aspirational.

From researching different artist websites I have learnt that function of a website is to:
  • Reach an audience on a technical/internet platform
  • Sell the artist
  • Sell the music
  • Sell merchandise
  • Create a brand
  • Allow for interactivity e.g. comments/forums (the more interactive it is, the more likely people are to spend money.)
  • Provide information e.g. bio and tour dates
  • Be fun e.g. have quizzes or games
  • Have links to social media e.g. Facebook page and Twitter feed
  • Have links to the institutions behind the artist
Overall, researching existing websites has been very useful and these will be the key conventional elements that we will want to include in our artist's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment