About The Group

I am a member of group 2 and my candidate number is 8720. The other members of my group are Phoebe Hung (8017) and Gabriel Meytanis (8560). To see my portfolio evidence please click on the three labels on the right named: A2 Research and Planning, A2 Construction and A2 Evaluation.

This is my music video

This is my music video:

My Music Video

Digi out

This is the outside panel of my digi-pak album cover:

digi out pic

digi out pic

digi in

This is the inside panel of my digi-pak album:

digi in pic

digi in pic
This is a link to my artist website, please click on the image below to go to GiGi Official website:


Friday 2 September 2016

R&P Post 5: The kind of video I would like to make

I would like to make a music video that incorporates both Goodwin'as theory of performance and narrative but which also contains wider conceptual references. For example, in Girl On Fire by Alicia Keys I like the mix of performance with narrative by having the singer being the actor. I feel that the reference to her role as a mother and a working woman in the music video is also inspirational for a female audience and is an example of the visuals amplifying the theme through symbolism (Goodwin).


I would love to incorporate the use of split screen used in We Don't Talk Anymore  by Charlie Puth ft Selena Gomez as I think it is a very clever way to show similarities and differences between characters. Also, this music video uses cutting to the beat which keeps the viewer intrigued and keeps the video moving which is something I would want to use.


Techniques that I would also like to incorporate into my music video is the use of slow mo and fast mo as they add shot variety and make viewing more enjoyable for an audience. I would also want incorporate Goodwin's music video theory ( in Dancing in the Distraction Factory 1992) to have the relationship between the lyrics and the visuals that act as both and illustration and amplification of the message of our video. Other elements of Goodwin's theory that I would want to include, which are conventional of music videos, are visual hooks such as beauty shots, artist iconography and intertextual references.

No comments:

Post a Comment