About The Group

I am a member of group 2 and my candidate number is 8720. The other members of my group are Phoebe Hung (8017) and Gabriel Meytanis (8560). To see my portfolio evidence please click on the three labels on the right named: A2 Research and Planning, A2 Construction and A2 Evaluation.

This is my music video

This is my music video:

My Music Video

Digi out

This is the outside panel of my digi-pak album cover:

digi out pic

digi out pic

digi in

This is the inside panel of my digi-pak album:

digi in pic

digi in pic
This is a link to my artist website, please click on the image below to go to GiGi Official website:


Friday 2 September 2016

R&P Post 12: Artists/bands that have influenced my ideas

A key artist that has influenced my ideas of how I would want to present and market my artist is Demi Lovato. She is an American singer and actor from New Mexico.

She started her career as a child actor in Barney and Friends, then worked on Disney channel in As the Bell Rings, Sonny with a Chance, was in the Camp Rock movies and became a judge on the X-Factor (USA). Her debut album Don't Forget  released in 2008 reached no.2 in the Billboard charts.

Below are quotes from Self Magazine highlighting the problems Demi went through in her own words:















Demi, like many stars has had many serious issues to deal with but the strength she has shown has inspired many girls and women and my idea for the type of artist I want to create. Uses and Gratifications can be seen in personal identity; with members of the audience who may be going through the same things as Demi and can look up to her as an inspirational figure. Richard Dyer's 'star' theory can be seen in that despite becoming a concept, Demi's journey is very much based in reality and her conveying her beliefs, ideas and opinions outside music has helped create her star persona (an example of which is shown below):

Demi
The genre of her songs are pop-rock which is what we want our artist to be in order to appeal to mainstream audiences as well as more niche rock fans. This is seen in one of her first singles 'La La Land' through lyrics such as:

I'm not a supermodel
I still eat McDonald's.
Baby, that's just me.
Who said I can't wear my
Converse with my dress?
Oh, baby, that's just me!
And who said I can't be single
I have to go out and mingle
Baby, that's not me.
A clip from La La Land
Demi has also been a key reference point for our costume ideas. Demi personifies a rock-chick but still glamorous style which has influenced our ideas:
Examples of Demi's fashion

Overall, Demi Lovato has been a key influence on my ideas for what I want my artist to be through ideas about her career, style, life and music.

No comments:

Post a Comment