About The Group

I am a member of group 2 and my candidate number is 8720. The other members of my group are Phoebe Hung (8017) and Gabriel Meytanis (8560). To see my portfolio evidence please click on the three labels on the right named: A2 Research and Planning, A2 Construction and A2 Evaluation.

This is my music video

This is my music video:

My Music Video

Digi out

This is the outside panel of my digi-pak album cover:

digi out pic

digi out pic

digi in

This is the inside panel of my digi-pak album:

digi in pic

digi in pic
This is a link to my artist website, please click on the image below to go to GiGi Official website:


Monday 4 January 2016

R&P Post 4: Representation of social groups in our opening sequence




The social group we have chosen to represent in our opening sequence is gay teenagers- so we have used a gay protagonist (Craig). We have decided to show gay people in a positive light and we made our main character not the stereotype of 'camp' but more an introvert artistic guy. He is reticent but he uses a diary to write down all his thoughts and feelings.

Oliver Tate- 'Submarine'

A key influence for our main character was Oliver Tate in 'Submarine'. He is an awkward, bullied teenager who wants his life to be "[followed by a film crew]". He doesn't fit in much like our protagonist and is bullied for being weird so is therefore labelled 'gay'.


We have decided not to have Craig portrayed as victimised as gay characters are in many representations because we wanted to show him as a normal guy and illustrate how being gay should not make you stick out in society. Despite our protagonist being awkward in society and feeling like he does not fit in we do not want him to be seen as weak so in the opening sequence we see him having to no longer be an introvert but stand up and defend another gay teenager.

No comments:

Post a Comment